The holiday season is quickly approaching and many separated or divorced parents will be looking to finalize their 2015 holiday plans with their children. 

In order to do so, it is very important that parents begin discussing their respective holiday plans. 

Should parents be unable to agree, an application to the Court may be made. In order to bring an application to the Court the parent bringing the application must provide two weeks’ notice to the other parent. Additional time will also be required in order to prepare the application, as well as to provide a buffer against possible delays.

For these reasons, as lawyers, we find it very important for our clients to raise the issue of Christmas access early, at least a couple months or more in advance. 

If you need assistance with your holiday agreement drawn up, please feel free to contact me or anyone from the McDougall Gauley family law team.  

Kate Joa

The views expressed herein are solely the author's and should not be attributed to the MG LLP or its clients. Any postings on legal issues are provided as a public service, and do not constitute solicitation or provision of legal advice. The author makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained herein or linked to. Due to professional ethics, the author may not be able to comment on matters in which a client has an interest. Nothing herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent and informed counsel.

This web site/blog is presented for informational purposes only. These materials do not constitute legal advice and do not create a solicitor-client relationship between you and MG LLP. If you are seeking specific advice related to your situation, please contact MG LLP for a personal consultation.

Any unsolicited information sent to MG LLP through blogs or otherwise may not be protected by solicitor-client privilege.

MG LLP periodically provides materials on our services and developments in the law to interested persons.  For permission to reprint articles or blogs, please contact