Ryan Laidlaw, a partner with McDougall Gauley LLP since 2008, maintains a general corporate commercial practice with an emphasis on secured transactions and national and international financings.
Recipient of the Law Society of Saskatchewan and Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Inc. Award of Excellence, prior to joining the firm Ryan articled to the Honourable Chief Justice W.F. Gerein of the Saskatchewan Court of Queen's Bench.
- Saskatchewan, 2001
- Bachelor of Laws (Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2000
- Annual Cancer Society Jail and Bail, Volunteer
- Jeux Canada Games, Volunteer, 2005
- Grey Cup Regina, Volunteer, 2003
- Regina Crime Stoppers Inc., Board of Directors, 2006-2014
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Banking and Finance Law (Regina), 2019
- Banking and Finance Law, 2018
- Corporate Law, 2018
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Regina Bar Assocation
Saskatchewan Public Legal Education, Volunteer Lecturer
Canadian Bar Association, Corporate Counsel South: Law Office Organization and Management
Canadian Bar Association, Business Law South: Lending to Joint Ventures and Partnerships
Canadian Bar Association Mid-Winter Meeting: Loans to Partnerships, Joint Ventures and Nominee Corporations
Negotiating and Drafting Major Business Agreements: Assets, Scot and Merger Agreements
O'Brien's Forms, Particulars of a Lease (Saskatchewan), Contributing Author
"Doing Deals in Canada: A Practical Guide", Contributing Author for Saskatchewan