Rochelle Blocka is an associate lawyer who maintains a litigation practice. She has experience in litigation matters involving family matters, labour and employment issues, and civil claims. Rochelle has appeared in front of Saskatchewan Provincial Court, the Saskatchewan Court of Queen’s Bench, and the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal.
Rochelle has a range of experience. For family law, this includes drafting pre-nuptial and separation agreements, and assisting clients going through a separation where litigation becomes necessary. Her employment law experience includes advising employers and employees, particularly in non-union workplaces, with respect to wrongful terminations and human rights complaints. Rochelle also assists and advises clients regarding small claims and civil litigation matters.
Rochelle joined the firm as an articling student in 2015 and has been an associate with McDougall Gauley since being called to the bar in 2016.
- Saskatchewan, 2016
- Juris Doctor (with Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2015
- Honours Bachelor of Science (with High Distinction), University of Toronto, 2009
- The Saskatoon Preschool Foundation, Board Member, 2018-Present
- University of Saskatchewan, Disability Services for Students, 2012-2015
- Community Legal Assistance for Saskatoon Inner City (CLASSIC), Walk-in Advocacy Clinic Volunteer, 2012-2013
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Civil Litigation North, Canadian Bar Association – Saskatchewan, Secretary, 2016-2017
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- The Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers