Murray Sawatzky's practice focuses on commercial litigation with a particular emphasis on construction, tendering, and product warranty litigation. He provides representation to project owners, construction companies, engineers, and bonding companies, as well as provides advice and conducts litigation on behalf of agricultural equipment manufacturers and petroleum companies.
His experience, since his Articles of Clerkship at the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal, has taken him to all levels of Court, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
Murray was inducted as a Fellow to the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers in 2010. This prestigious recognition is awarded to lawyers who are distinguished for their skill, experience and high standards of professional and ethical conduct in the practice or teaching of construction law and who are dedicated to excellence in the specialized practice of construction law.
- Saskatchewan, 1986
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1985
- Bachelor of Arts (Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 1981
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Construction Law (Regina), 2014, 2018
- Construction Law, 2006-present
- Fellow to the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers, 2010
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 2008
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Canadian Bar Association
- President, Saskatchewan Branch, 2008–2009
- Canadian College of Construction Lawyers, Fellow, 2010
- Saskatchewan Construction Association
- Regina Construction Association
"Roadmap to CCA/CCDC documents", Regina Construction Association
"Builders’ Lien Act", Regina Construction Association
"Attaining LEED Standards", General Contractor’s Seminar
"Principles of Construction Documents", Construction Specifications Canada, Lecturer