Ken Ready's practice is primarily litigation based, with a mix of solicitor work.
Representative clients include Ford Motor Company of Canada, General Motors Company, Chrysler Canada Ltd. (for whom the majority of work has been related to products liability, class action, and personal injury issues) and Imperial Oil and Agrium Inc. A good portion of this representation involves pro-active advice regarding new legislation and new and emerging case law on matters of importance to these clients and others.
Ken is one of the few lawyers in Saskatchewan who represent Plaintiffs in medical malpractice on a regular basis. This includes claims involving medical doctors, dentists, chiropractors, hospitals, nurses, and all aspects of health care delivery and treatment.
Ken is a founding member of the Birth Injury Lawyers Alliance, a group of lawyers in the country practising in the area of birth trauma cases.
- Saskatchewan, 1977
- Bachelor of Law, University of Saskatchewan, 1976
- Bachelor of Arts (History), University of Regina, 1975
- Skate Regina, Chair, 2006-2008
- Saskatchewan Baseball Association, Commissioner for Baseball, 1997-Present
- Regina Summer Stage Inc., Director, 2001-present
- Theatre Regina Inc., Director, 2004-2008
- Do It With Class Young People's Theatre Inc.
- Chair, 2004-2006
- Director, 2001-2008
- Arthritis Society
- National Board, Chair, 2012-2014
- National Board, Board of Directors, 2008-present
- Saskatchewan Division, Chair, 2002-2004
- Saskatchewan Division, Board of Directors, 1998-present
- Lakeview United Church
- Chair, 2004-2006, 2014-present
- Board of Directors, 2002-present
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- Health Care Law, 2016-present
- Medical Negligence, 2016-present
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 1994
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- National Pensions for Judge's Spouses and Judges' Salaries Committee, Chair/Member, 1998-99
- Health Law Subsection Saskatchewan Branch, Chair, 1998-1999
- National Executive Committee, 1992-1994
- Saskatchewan Branch, Past President, 1992
- National Member Services Committee, Chair/Member, 1987-1993
- Civil Litigation Subsection Saskatchewan Branch, Chair, 1984-86
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Regina Bar Assocation
- Member, Minister of Justice (Saskatchewan) Advisory Committee on Dispute Resolution, 1995-2000
Saskatchewan Legal Education Society
Public Legal Education Association