Kate Joa has a general practice focusing on family law. Kate has experience in all areas of family law including divorce, child maintenance and custody, spousal support, access arrangements, common law relationship disputes, matrimonial property division, separation agreements, pre-nuptial agreements, and guardianship. Kate also has experience in litigation and insurance defence work, primarily in the areas of bodily injury, property damage and product liability.
Kate is a Certified Collaborative Lawyer which allows her to assist in collaborative dispute resolution as an alternative to court proceedings.
Kate is an active volunteer in the community. Most recently Kate played an integral part in founding the Dress For Success Professional Women's Group in Saskatoon. This group assists women in successfully transitioning into the work force.
- Saskatchewan, 2011
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts (Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2007
- Saskatoon Riding Club, Secretary, 2018
- Equine Canada, Instructor, 2015-present
- Dress For Success Saskatoon
- Professional Women's Group, Committee Member, 2017-present
- Professional Women's Group, Founding Chair, 2013-2017
- Suit Drive, Committee Chair, 2013-2015
- Law Day Saskatchewan, Committee Member, 2010-2013
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Civil Litigation North (SK Branch), Secretary, 2012-2013
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Executive Committee, 2017-present
- Certified Collaborative Lawyer, Collaborative Professionals of Saskatchewan, 2013