James Morrison’s practice is focused primarily on family law, estates and civil litigation. James has extensive experience in each of these areas, not only as a litigator, but also as certified mediator and collaborative lawyer. James is well known throughout Saskatchewan for his proficiency in assisting parties in achieving creative solutions through alternative dispute resolution.
James has extensive courtroom experience, representing clients at trial in the Court of Queen’s Bench and appearing on behalf of clients before the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal.
James has built his practice on a foundation of professional integrity and ethics, and works diligently on behalf of his clients.
- Saskatchewan, 1983
- Certified Collaborative Lawyer, Collaborative Professionals of Saskatchewan, 2002
- Certified Mediator, The Law Society of Saskatchewan, 1990
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1982
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Saskatchewan, 1980
Awards & Recognition
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 2017
- "Best Lawyers in Canada", Family Law, 2016-present
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Collaborative Lawyers of Saskatchewan
Colleges of Law & Commerce, University of Saskatchewan, Sessional Lecturer, 1989-2000
Civil Procedure, Family Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Collaborative Law, Sessional and Guest Lecturer, College of Law, University of Saskatchewan,