- The International Student’s Path to Permanent Residency
International students face many obstacles in becoming permanent residents. There are two options for students to obtain permanent residency, with the Express Entry program being one of the options. Candidates that ...
- Leases & Subdivision Requirements under The Planning & Development ActThe subdivision provisions of The Planning and Development Act, 2007 (Saskatchewan) might, in some circumstances, affect the validity of a lease.
- Have we learned anything from the documentary “Making a Murderer”?Darren Kraushaar discusses the concepts of innocent until proven guilty, media influence on public opinion, and reasonable doubt in reference to the Netflix documentary “Making a Murderer”.
- Saskatchewan Families: Built for Life on the Open RoadHow far is too far for a child to travel to school in Saskatchewan? The SK Court of Appeal recently weighed in on a family law case discussing this issue.
- Understanding the Risks of Joint Tenancy in Estate PlanningAre you considering transferring property to a spouse, adult child or another person as a party of your estate plan? Be aware of some challenges that can occur when placing property in joint tenancy.
- Condo Owners Beware: Failure to Remit Condo Fees Could Result in Extra Legal FeesEven if you are in litigation with your condo board, you need to be pay your monthly fees. Failure to remit condo fees could make you responsible for legal fees of the Condominium Corporation.