- COVID-19 and Pre-trial Detention – Is There an Impact?The Saskatchewan courts have made clear that COVID-19 is not a get out of jail free card.
- The Law and Technology: Moving Forward with Immigration Appeals and Federal Court Cases in the Face of COVID-19Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has been providing several updates in the past few weeks to reflect the change in how they are responding to applications.
- Can I Go To the Judge? No, Not Right Now…Unless It’s Urgent or an Emergency
Due to the significant health concerns caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Court of Queen’s Bench for Saskatchewan published a Directive and Advisory, dated March 19, 2020 (the “Directive”) which restricts family ...
- Court Services Offered During COVID-19 RestrictionsIn Saskatchewan, multiple directives have come down for various levels of courts, thereby restricting the access and services offered until further notice.
- McDougall Gauley LLP Family Law Arbitrators Provide Dispute Resolution Assistance During COVID-19First and foremost, we hope this finds you, your families, and your colleagues healthy.
- The McDougall Gauley Defence Group Remains Ready to AssistThe COVID-19 virus is causing disruptions throughout Canada. However, the McDougall Gauley Defence Group remains ready and available to assist you during these difficult times.
- When Is A Momentary Lapse Behind The Wheel Criminal?
A momentary lapse. We have all had them behind the wheel. Thinking a little too long about that one troubling thing, reaching for something you or your passenger (maybe a child) has dropped, searching for a radio ...