Megan’s primary area of practice is labour and employment law. Megan has a range of experience advising employers and employees in both non-union and union workplaces, particularly with respect to wrongful termination claims, human rights claims, contracts, accommodation issues and workplace policies. In addition to her primary practice, Megan has a corporate law practice, with a particular focus on entrepreneurs, corporate governance and non-profit organizations. Megan also assists and advises clients regarding their estate matters.
Megan has appeared in front of the Saskatchewan Labour Relations Board, the Saskatchewan Provincial Court, the Saskatchewan Court of Queen’s Bench, the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Canada and the Federal Court of Appeal. Megan also has experience with Supreme Court of Canada leave applications.
Megan joined the firm as an articling student in 2013 and has been an associate with McDougall Gauley since being called to the bar in May, 2014.
- Saskatchewan, 2014
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts (English), University of Saskatchewan, 2010
- Ignite Danceworks Inc., Ballet Teacher, 2018-present
- Saskatoon Opera, Board of Directors, 2015-2016
- Juliette’s Dance Centre, Ballet Teacher, 2006-2018
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Lawyers North Committee (SK Branch)
- Chair, 2016-2017
- Vice Chair, 2015-2016
- Secretary, 2014-2015
- Law Day Committee (SK Branch), Member, 2014-2017
- Member, 2014-present
- Law Society of Saskatchewan, Member
- Saskatoon Bar Association, Member, 2014-present
- The Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers, Member
- Royal Academy of Dance, Associate