Dave McKeague's practice focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, all aspects of corporate and commercial law, commercial real estate and development, corporate and estate planning, and public offerings of securities.
Dave provides advice in mergers and acquisitions, corporate organizations and business structures, corporate reorganizations, commercial real estate developments, commercial financing and secured transactions, private placements, and public offerings of securities. He has also advised many institutions on restructuring initiatives and high-net worth clients on corporate and estate planning.
Dave served as a member of the McDougall Gauley LLP Executive Committee from 1975-2012, when he was appointed Co-Chair of the Firm.
- Saskatchewan, 1974
- Chartered Professional Director (C. Dir.), 2015
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1973
- Advanced Bachelor of Arts, University of Saskatchewan, 1973
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Saskatchewan, 1970
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Lawyers in Canada"
- "Lawyer of the Year", Banking and Finance Law (Saskatoon), 2014, 2020
- Corporate Governance Practice, 2020
- Securities Law, 2020
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2017-present
- Banking and Finance Law, 2006-present
- Corporate Law, 2006-present
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 1989
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Free Trade Agreement, 2017
- Member of The Panel, Compliance Panel, and Appellante Panel Roster pursuant to Annex 1005.2
- New West Partnership Trade Agreement, 2017
- Member of the Roster of Panelists pursuant to Article 26
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Bencher, 1985-1991
- Past-President, 1991
- President, 1990
- Past Chair, Law Society Committees: Discipline, Professional Conduct, Inter-jurisdictional Practice, etc.
- Saskatoon Bar Association
- Past Director
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Alberta Law Society, Honourary Member
- Federation of Law Society, Committee Member
- Edwards Inter-jurisdictional Practice Committee, 1988-1991
- Inter-jurisdictional Implementation Committee, 1991–1993
- Saskatchewan Government Insurance , Board of Directors, 2014-2016
- SGI Canada Insurance Services Ltd. , Board of Directors, 2014-2016
- Coachman Insurance Company , Board of Directors, 2014-2016
- New West Partnership Trade Agreement, Panel Member, 2010-present
Law Society of Saskatchewan, Bar Admission Course
Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch Mid-winter Meetings