Kate Joa has a general practice focusing on family law, insurance law and civil litigation. Her litigation practice includes claims representation in matters involving bodily injury, product liability, commercial and contract disputes as well as disputes surrounding wills and estates.
Kate is a Certified Collaborative Lawyer which allows her to assist in collaborative dispute resolution as an alternative to court proceedings. Kate has experience in all areas of family law including divorce, child maintenance and custody, spousal support, access arrangements, common law relationship disputes, matrimonial property division, separation agreements, pre-nuptial agreements, and guardianship.
Kate is an active volunteer in the community. Most recently Kate played an integral part in founding the Dress For Success Professional Women's Group in Saskatoon. This group assists women in successfully transitioning into the work force.
- Saskatchewan, 2011
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts (Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2007
- Dress For Success Saskatoon,
- Professional Women's Group, Founding Chair, 2013 - present
- Suit Drive Committee Chair, 2013-2015
- Equine Canada, Instructor, 2015 - present
- Law Day Saskatchewan, Committee member, 2010 - 2013
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association Saskatchewan Branch
- Civil Litigation Committee, Secretary, 2012-2013
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
Collaborative Lawyer, Collaborative Lawyers of Saskatchewan, 2013